I understand that Bush wasn’t a popular president (and goodness knows I haven’t been happy with all his decisions) so it was an uphill battle for McCain and the Republicans running for election in the House and Senate, but I am REALLY disappointed in the results from this election. I wasn’t thrilled with either McCain or Obama but I believe McCain would have done a better job in keeping this country’s morals (and tax increases) in check. That said, I believe we are getting the President/Congress we deserve – and let me explain. I am a Bible believing Christian and my beliefs are based on God’s Word and my relationship with Him. As a nation we have turned our back on God – we want Him out of our government, our communities, our schools, our churches, our families and our lives. We have decided to go our own way and as a result we are reaping what we have sown. Our greed and selfishness have gotten us into the moral and economic mess we are in. So many people are voting based on a ‘what is best for me’ attitude when they really need to be voting with a ‘what is best for this country’ attitude. Another government funded program isn’t the answer, raising taxes to spread the wealth isn’t the answer and trying to become popular with the rest of the world isn’t the answer. We need to get on our knees, repent before the Lord for what we have done and change our ways. It is time to bring God back into our lives and families. When we do this, the change this country needs will start to filter upwards into the communities and government (and might I add, save quite a few tax payer dollars on programs that would no longer be needed). Until we do this, the country will continue to sink and no amount of endless promises from the politicians will do any good. Okay – enough said on the subject and I am moving on…
I had a doctor’s appointment at 9:40 am so I arrived at the polling place at 8:00 am – I thought I had plenty of time to vote, drop Jadon off at mom’s (as you can imagine, taking him to the doctor with me is a whole other story) and run to the doctor’s office. The office had changed locations within the past few weeks (they are literally steps to the new hospital) and instead of being a few minutes from my mom’s house they are a few minutes from my house. It takes me 20 minutes to get to my mom and then another 20 minutes to get to the new office. I called the doctor at 9:00 am to let him know I was running late so they wouldn’t cancel my appointment - I didn’t leave the polling place until 9:30 am so I’m glad I called. My doctor is part of a group practice with 3 other doctors and they rotate being on-call at the hospital. I am scheduling another c-section for this baby and wanted to pick a day my doctor was on-call, so we scheduled delivery for Monday, Dec. 1, assuming this baby doesn’t come early.
I know a lot of people have strong opinions on c-sections (boy, this is really an opinionated blog post isn’t it?) so not everyone agrees with my decision but I really did think this over. My labor with Jadon was long and miserable – I was in labor for 31 hours and had to go through forceps before being told Jadon was too big and that I needed a c-section. My doctor supports a VBAC and if this baby is smaller than Jadon was, I might attempt it but there is no way to know for sure. Ultrasounds can be off by a pound at this stage of the game and my doctor is no help. He thought for sure Jadon would be no bigger than 7 pounds and he was 8 pounds 10 ounces – boy was he was way off! If this baby is too big for me to push out - and the odds are good he will be about the same size as Jadon - I don’t want to go through a repeat of my last labor. If I schedule a c-section I can eat a decent meal the night before, try a get some sleep and take a shower (all of which I didn’t get for 3 days between being in labor and recovering from surgery).
For fun, I have included a belly picture taken today (35 weeks, 5 days):
